As the first week of nominations comes to a close, we’ve received some questions that we’d like to answer here.
- Can I nominate my own blog?
- How many of my blogs can I nominate?
You may nominate as many of your eligible blogs as you wish (note: each blog may only be nominated for a maximum of three categories on the nomination form!).
- Are blogspot.com and wordpress.com blogs eligible?
- How many times can I submit a nomination from my email address?
Each email address may submit one nomination form.
- How many nominations do I need to be considered as a nominee?
There is no set number of nominations: we are looking for blogs that best match the description of each category, which can be found on this page or on the nomination form.
- What are the criteria for nomination?
In addition to fitting the description of the category, general criteria can be found here.
Blogs that share original content rather than copy and pasted content from other sources are preferred.
- How many nominees will there be per category?
The first 26 categories will have 5 finalists each. Category 27, Best Overall Nigerian Blog, will have 10 finalists.
- What if none of the categories listed fit my blog?
The Best Topical Blog category is for blogs that do not fit any of the other categories.
- What should I do if I don’t receive the confirmation email after submitting my nomination?
Sorry for the inconvenience! Please email us at email@example.com.
- When do nominations close?
Nominations close on February 1 at 11:59pm EST (February 2 at 5:59am Nigeria Time). A full schedule (subject to change) is posted here.
If you’re ready, you can nominate blogs now by clicking below.
If you have any other questions, please leave them in the comments below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your participation in the 2014 Nigerian Blog Awards.