The 2013 Nigerian Blog Awards will launch on September 9 with the following schedule:
September 9 to September 22
Launch of the 2013 Nigerian Blog Awards! Please review the categories of the 2013 Nigerian Blog Awards.
September 23 to October 13
Nomination period. Everyone is welcome to submit suitable nominees in one or all of the 2013 categories using the NOMINATION FORM.
October 14 to October 20
All nominated blogs will be visited by the Nigerian Blog Awards to ensure that they qualify for nomination. To qualify for nomination, the blog must:
- be a blog, according to the Nigerian Blog Awards definition
- be written by a Nigerian OR have a primary focus on Nigeria
- have been in existence for at least six months (i.e. since March 2013) AND have at least 15 entries. The only exception to this is blogs nominated in the Best New Blog category
- have been updated in the last two months (i.e. in July 2013 or more recently)
- be public (no locked or private blogs)
October 21 to November 3
The 10 blogs (and 15 blogs in the category Nigerian Blog of the Year) that receive the most nominations in each category will be reduced to five (10 in the category Nigerian Blog of the Year) by the Nigerian Blog Awards.
The official nominees will be revealed (in alphabetical order).
November 11 to December 8
Voting period. Everyone is welcome to submit one vote per category by filling out the nomination form; this is the popular vote. Judges will also select winning blogs.
December 15 at 4:00pm EST (10:00pm Nigerian time)
The winners in each category (both Popular Vote and Judges Choice) will be revealed during a “live” Twitter event.
A blog entry listing the winning blog in each category will be posted.