August 20 to September 2
Launch of the 2012 Nigerian Blog Awards!
September 3 to September 23
Nomination period: Submit suitable blogs in one or all of the available categories.
September 24 to 30
All nominated blogs will be visited by the Nigerian Blog Awards to ensure that they qualify for nomination. In order to qualify the blog must:
- be written by a Nigerian OR be written by a non-Nigerian AND have a primary focus on Nigeria
- have been in existence for at least six months (i.e. since February 2012) AND have at least 15 entries. The only exception to this is nominees in the Best New Blog category.
- have been updated in the last three months (i.e. in May 2012 or more recently)
Additionally, blogs that are eligible for nomination should:
- consist of (preferably reverse-) chronological posts
- contain words and not only images or files
- allow interaction with readers through at least one of the following: comments, a rating system, or a voting system
- be updated by no more than six individuals
October 1 to 14
All nominated blogs will be revealed (listed in alphabetical order) and the judging committee will select the top five (and top 10 in the case of the Nigerian Blog of the Year) to present as official nominees. This committee will take into consideration the number of nominations each blog receives, but this will not be the only criterion for being named an official nominee.
The official nominees will be revealed.
October 22 to November 11
Voting period: There will be a popular vote as well as the vote of the judging committee members.
November 18 at 4:00pm EST (10:00pm Nigerian time)
The winners in each category (both Popular Vote and Judges Choice) will be revealed during a “live” Twitter event.
A blog entry listing the winning blog in each category will be posted.