May 30 – June 5: Campaigning phase
If you are interested in having your blog nominated for an award:
- Display the 2011 awards badge on your site (this is not compulsory, but it tells your readers where they can go to nominate your blog when nominations begin).
- Follow @naijablogawards on twitter (again, this is not a prerequisite to be nominated).
- Use twitter, facebook and any other means you like to let your fans know that they can nominate your blog for an appropriate category beginning on June 6, 2011.
June 6 – June 17: Nomination phase
Just like last year, you will be directed to a form where you can nominate your favourite blogs in various categories. Please keep in mind the following:
- You may only complete the nomination form once. Multiple submissions will be disqualified. Mistakes happen so if you submit more than once in error, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating which entry should be kept. If you do not do this, your entries will be disqualifed.
- All nominated blogs must fit the category in which they are nominated. The Nigerian Blog Awards reserves the right to reject a blog that clearly does not fit the category it’s been nominated for.
June 27- July 9: Nominees revealed and voting begins
The five blogs that receive the highest number of nominations in each category will be revealed (the only exception to this is the Nigerian Blog of the Year category, where the top ten (10) nominees will be selected).
You will have nearly two weeks to vote for your favourite blog in each category. Each voter is allowed one vote per category (multiple votes will be disqualified).
July 16, 17 or 18 (date has not yet been determined): Winners revealed “live”
During a live twitter event the winners of the various categories will be revealed (this is another reason to follow us on twitter!). We hope you’ll participate in this live event.
July 17, 18 or 19 (depending on the date chosen above): Winners revealed on our blog
A blog entry announcing all the winners in one place will be posted.